I was inspired today by a quote from Dr Martin Luther King Jr.
“We must accept finite disappointment,
But never lose infinite hope.”
Some people are so good at this…. letting go of life’s disappointments.
* a red light on the way to a meeting
* last roast chicken taken by the person in front of you at the grocery store
* Might not get the deal you thought you should’ve on a home
* Another lead hanging up on you
Then there is infinite hope.
Wow, wouldn’t it be amazing if we could teach this in schools?
Not Pollyanna hope but hope that something (not knowing what) good is coming around the corner.
That thing you’re struggling with that could actually turn out better than what you thought it might.
* It’s the flat tire turned into a new client you meet sitting in the waiting room of the tire store.
* It’s a two for one sale on your favorite cinnamon rolls
* that your long hours of work will pay off somewhere in the future
*Hope that your dream home is out there ready for you to find
You might be disappointed.
On a daily basis.
But don’t forget the long view, the infinite hope that the best is yet to come.
Written by Lara Kenoyer
NICK MCLEAN REAL ESTATE