Nick McLean Guide to Wenatchee Valley Water, Water and more Water
Water, Water and more Water fun in the Wenatchee Valley
In the dry foothills of the Cascade Mountains are one of the favorite places for visitors to come and be with the water. They boat on lakes, they boat in rivers, they fish and they swim. So much water fun to be had in North Central Washington all around the Wenatchee Valley.
There are 3 main rivers and 2+ lakes to be seen, played with and cool off in the heat of summer.
- Icicle River — located up the Icicle in Leavenworth.
- Super cold water
- lots of rapids
- Wenatchee River — runs through Leavenworth, Cashmere to Wenatchee
- Fun river to float on a raft or inner tube
- Public access in Leavenworth and Cashmere
- Columbia River — Runs from Canada to the Pacific Ocean
- Deep (good for fishing and water skiing)
- Recommended for motor boats
- Public access in Wenatchee, East Wenatchee and Quincy
Enjoy and stay cool. The water is the place to gather during the summer heat.