Nick McLean Guide Through the Wenatchee Valley
What to do on Highway 2?
3 Hikes minutes off Highway 2 in the Wenatchee Valley.
Locals and tourists alike travel Hwy 2 through the Wenatchee Valley. If your kids are restless and your dog needs to pee then these are the spots we recommend for taking a break to stretch your legs.
Here are 3 hikes 2min off Hwy 2.
- Peshastin Pinnacles State Park
- This State Park is on North Dryden Rd
- State Park Parking Pass REQUIRED
- Level: Hard — some very steep assents but STEEP usually equals good views.
- Hint: take the left hand trail(West) for an easier hike.
2. Peshastin Mill Trail Park
- This park is in the town of Peshastin – Turn on Main Street at the Peshastin bridge
- Free parking
- Level: EASY!! — flat as a pancake and less then a mile long
3. Penstock Trail (Old Pipeline Trail)
- This park starts right on Hwy 2 1.7 miles (going West) after the first gas station in Leavenworth (or after the Nick McLean office)
- Free Parking but limited
- Level: EASY!! — Flat
Easy to get to.
Fun time with family or alone.
Great way to take a break when traveling through this stunning valley.
Explored by Lara Kenoyer, Experience Creator